Since I posted about sinigang on my last blog, then I shall teach you how to make one.
- 2 Lbs of Pork Belly cut in 2 in. cubes (Liempo)
- 1 Small radish cut in 2 in. small pieces (Labanos/Daikon)
- 1 Medium Onion sliced thinly
- 1 Small tomato diced
- 1 Eggplant cut diagonally
- 1 Cup of Sitaw cut in 2 in. length (String Beans)
- 3 Cups of Kangkong (Water Spinach)
- 2 Pcs. Of Siling Mahaba (Finger Peppers)
- 1½ Packet of Knorr Sinigang Mix
- 1 Tsp. MSG (Vetsin)
- Salt to taste
- 1½ Quarts of water
- In a large pot add water and bring to a boil. Next add pork, cover, and let it simmer for 3 minutes.
- Remove scum from the broth and then add onions, tomatoes, siling mahaba, (finger peppers) msg, (vetsin) and the sinigang mix and let cook for 10 minutes.
- Then add the Labanos, (radish) cover, and let it simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Add eggplant and cook it for an additional 10 minutes after adding the eggplant wait five minutes then add the string beans (sitaw).
- Finally add the water spinach (Kangkong) and add salt if needed. Let it cook for three more minutes and it’s ready.
- Serve with rice. Enjoy!